11 May 2012

Patience, Plain Patience

Certain truths can be realized intellectually, but they don't really reach my core until I hear them from somebody else. For some time I've been struggling with a specific situation, trying hard to find a way out. A friend confirmed what I already knew: I have to let go, and practice patience.
I will not find the solution by searching intensely - the solution will find me. Until then I can take small steps in the wished direction, but the most important thing is to relax and let go of the wish for immediate change. I have expressed this wish, and it has been heard. I need to settle down now, let things take their course, and - be patient.
Patience is an underestimated virtue, difficult to practice in our rushed world, but oh, so helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment