26 Feb 2012

Far Away, but Close

Some of the people you care for live far away.  They may fall ill, suffer from an incident or suddenly be in a difficult situation. And for various reasons you cannot join them.
Don't despair, you can still communicate. You can meditate for them, send them strong, loving thoughts, or take a nice walk together. Like I did yesterday.
Just when I set off for my winter hike in the mountains I learned that my best friends father was very ill. After a while, he joined me on my hike. We walked in silence for some time, and then had a nice, deep conversation. By the time he waved goodbye and took off for another direction I had accepted that he is leaving. I had said farewell to him.
This morning my friend called: her father had passed away yesterday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment